SMS API: What it Is, and How to Choose One
You want to boost your company’s visibility.
You want to engage with your customers more.
You’re looking for ways to cut waste and get right to the point with your clients.
Maybe you’ve heard the term “SMS API” being tossed around. It’s growing in popularity and becoming indispensable for businesses.
If you’ve ever struggled to get your messages in front of your target demographics or needed a way to build a relationship with your clients, this is it.
Once you understand what it is and what it can do for you, you’ll wonder why you didn’t have this weapon in your arsenal beforehand.
What Is SMS API Exactly?
API stands for “application programming interface”.
Alright, so what does that mean?
This is a type of computer language that allows programs to access and communicate with other programs, a type of software to software interface.
Let’s look at an example of how this can be used in a common transaction.
If you’ve ever shopped online, you’ve probably had to enter your credit card information.
As soon as the computer registers this information, it sends it to a remote application to verify the credit card.
The API allows seamless communication between two applications and your order goes through without a hitch.
SMS stands for short message service – better known as a text message. This is going to be the component that benefits your business in a myriad of ways.
The Stats Stack Up In Favor Of SMS APIs
Text messages are increasingly vital for businesses and the closest thing to a guaranteed read message.
Surely you know how addicted everyone is to their smartphones. Can you go without glancing at yours for very long?
Probably not. And that’s how an SMS API gets directly in your customer’s line of sight.
A whopping 80% of adults use their phone primarily for sending and receiving text messages. That’s a huge number of potential targets!
You might have an email campaign going on, and those are perfectly fine; it doesn’t hurt to get in your client’s inbox.
But did you know that text messages have a 98% open rate? By contrast, emails only get viewed 22% of the time
With views like that, you’re sure to fall behind if you don’t have text messaging for your customers.
How To Use This Powerful Tool
So you’re ready to get an SMS API and start talking to your customers. You’re going to harness this powerful marketing instrument.
Here are some of the best uses for text messaging:
- Send out coupons – Works great for salons or boutiques
- Confirm appointments – Doctors can have a hard time getting their patients on the phone. A quick text message is amazingly effective
- Information – If your store is changing its hours for the holidays, clue your clients in immediately
- Reach customers anywhere, anytime – Not all of your clients will be glued to their email but a quick text message will definitely be seen
- Reward loyalty – For clients that come back again and again, show them how much they’re appreciated!
That being said, make sure you keep your texting to regular business hours and don’t fire off a message at 3 AM.
Keep your messages short and sweet, too; longer texts will turn off any potential targets.
Why It Works
No matter what method you use, you’ll see that there is definitely a way for your business to get in on SMS marketing.
The best thing about it is no matter how you utilize it, it’s almost always guaranteed to work.
Here are just a few ways text messaging transforms your business:
- Many adults use their smartphones to do research on products and services. Put your info straight in their hands!
- Increases the success of your message being viewed – As previously stated, text messages are almost always opened.
- Build a relationship with your customers – Messaging is always an opt-in service so they have to choose to follow you. Once you’ve got them, start a dialog with them and reward them for their loyalty.
- Clear call to action – When crafting a short text message, you boil that information down to the basics. Less is more with text messaging!
- Cuts down on paper waste – If your office is drowning in paperwork, sending a text message might alleviate this problem. Bonus – it’s eco-friendly!
By now you’re sold on getting an SMS API. But which one is best for your business? Read on.
How To Choose The SMS API For Your Business
There are a lot of factors to consider when picking an SMS API. This guide is going to walk you through some of the most crucial elements to keep in mind when making your decision.
High Throughput Speeds
Throughput speeds are the amount of messages that an SMS API can send at one time. Some companies offer speeds of 25 texts per second; others can send hundreds at once.
See what needs your business has and then decided on a plan that works best for you.
Text messaging is going to be your main focus, but it doesn’t hurt to have integration with all available channels of communication.
Depending on the SMS API, you can incorporate all of your communications into one bundle. Think of sending a text message, email, and social media update all at once.
No two businesses are alike and your business also has room to grow.
Make sure the SMS API you choose fits your needs at this moment and the next. Don’t just get a standard package; see how customizable it can be.
Fail Safe Precautions
This is the most important of all of your choices.
Your customer has chosen to give you their information so you can contact them directly. Remember what we said about building a relationship with them?
Now imagine how their trust in you would be shattered if your SMS API company wasn’t properly secured.
It’s a nightmare scenario we’ve seen in the news over and over again; some of those companies didn’t bounce back from the loss of faith in their services.
A few things to look for:
- Firewall – Make sure outsiders can’t get in
- Antivirus Protection – The information your customers provide should be secured from any virus attack
- Two-factor Authentication – This extra step really locks down that precious information
Now that you’ve got the knowledge, it’s time to set up an SMS API that’s going to work for you. What ways do you think text messaging can impact your business? Share your strategies and techniques in the comments!